When your GP is closed

When medical attention is needed but your local GP is closed call your GP practice and follow the instructions to get in touch with your GPs out of hours service. 

Your local pharmacy can offer advice for treatment of common problems such as coughs, colds, aches and pains. 

You can call the NHS 111 Service if :

  • You need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency
  • You think you may need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service
  • You don’t know who to call for medical help or you don’t have a GP to call
  • You require health information or reassurance about what to do next.

Minor illnesses and injuries can be treated the Urgent Care Centre at Hillingdon Hospital or the Mount Vernon Hospital Minor Injuries Unit.

Always call 999 if someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is a risk.