How to Get Involved
Understanding the needs of our patients is central to what we do at Hillingdon CCG. We want to know your views on a range of health and social care topics. Our main goals are in improving the efficiency, transparency and public involvement in the projects we are working on.
Help us develop the best possible health services in Hillingdon. Get involved and influence your local NHS. Here are nine ways that you can make a difference.
1. Become a Public Member of Hillingdon CCG’s Patient Public Involvement and Equalities Committee: We have 10 places on the Committee for people, who live in Hillingdon and/ or registered with a Hillingdon GP, to oversee and monitor the CCGs’ engagement activity.
2. Attend a Hillingdon CCG Governing Body Board meeting: You can submit a question to the board. Meetings are held in public every two months. Minutes and board papers are available at https://www.hillingdonccg.nhs.uk/publications
3. Tell us your story: Details at https://www.hillingdonccg.nhs.uk/tell-us-your-story . A patient story is presented at Governing Board meetings to help the CCG improve services or celebrate good practice.
4. Take part in current engagement events, surveys and working groups: Contact the Communications and Engagement team on HILLCCG.HCCGCommunications@nhs.net
5. Follow Hillingdon CCG on Social Media: Get live updates about NHS campaigns, new developments and health road shows via Twitter (@Hillingdon_CCG), Instagram (@HillingdonCCG) and Facebook.
6. Become a friend of Hillingdon CCG: Receive details about events, activities and on-going opportunities to shape your local NHS. https://www.hillingdonccg.nhs.uk/meet-the-ccg
7. Join the local Patient Public Participation Group (PPGs) at your GP practice: Speak to your Practice Manager or GP receptionist for details to join the group improving health services at your GP practice.
8. Find out about decisions affecting NHS health services across North West London: Attend NWL CCGs Joint Committee meetings in person or via live streaming wherever you are: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Contact Healthwatch Hillingdon, the independent local health champion: Healthwatch Hillingdon has a statutory duty to speak out on behalf of residents using health and social care services. Call them on call 01895 272 997 or email email@example.com