Compliments, Complaints, Concerns

Brent, Harrow and Hillingdon Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG):

Brent, Harrow, Hillingdon CCGs have overall responsibilities for the services it commissions. If you have a concern about any of the Trust’s above, please get in touch.  Brent, Harrow, Hillingdon CCG also provides some services and manages specific areas of NHS services including:

  • Continuing Health Care
  • Individual Funding Requests

If your complaint is about a service which is commissioned by Brent, Harrow, or Hillingdon CCG please contact:

Tel: 020 3350 4567

In writing:

NHS North West London Collaboration of Clinical Commissioning Groups
Complaints Team
15 Marylebone Road

We want to hear what you think of the services that are provided in this area. Your concerns, compliments and complaints provide us with valuable information that helps us to improve our service. We monitor and regularly review all feedback so that we can target our improvement work.

We have provided a list of frequently asked questions to help you.


Frequently Asked Questions:

Question 1: Why doesn’t the CCG investigate my complaint?

Answer: Brent, Harrow, Hillingdon CCGs commission our local hospitals and services. As part of the commissioning arrangement, the services are required to investigate complaints made about their services. If you contact their Patient Advice and Liaison Service, most of your enquiries and concerns can be answered. You will find their details below.


Question 2: I am not happy with the hospital/service investigating my complaint. What should I do?

Answer: There is an independent service called POhWER which can assist you in your complaint with the service. You can find them here: or call 0300 456 2370.

Hillingdon CCG can assist you in contacting the service and can supervise your complaint.


Question 3: I am not happy at the response of the Trust/hospital/service. What should I do?

Answer: We would be happy to discuss your thoughts and feelings about why you are not satisfied with your complaint. Our contact details are below. You can also send your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who can review and make a final decision on your complaint. Their website is or you can call: 0345 015 4033.


Question 4: I want to make a complaint about the Continuing Health Care (CHC) team. Who do I contact?

Answer: Brent, Harrow, Hillingdon CCGs contact details are below. If your complaint is about the CHC service, Brent, Harrow, Hillingdon CCG will deal with the complaint. If you wish to appeal against a decision of the CHC panel for continuing healthcare funding, the complaints team can assist in signposting you through the appeal process, which is managed by the CHC team and NHS England. If you wish to challenge a previous decision of the CHC panel, again, the complaints and CHC team can assist you through the retrospective review process.


Question 5: I have been turned down for a treatment. Can I complain about this?

Answer: You can complain about any service of the NHS where you are dissatisfied about an action or omission. There are certain services and products Brent, Harrow, Hillingdon CCGs do not commission. Such a decision is not made lightly. We work constructively with a group of Clinical Commissioning Groups called the North West London Collaboration of Clinical Commissioning Groups which agree on policy decisions in relation to services and products. This only occurs following a robust process shared by the CCGs. An example would be IVF treatments or products which are not clinically indicated/appropriate.

Please see our Individual Funding Request policy here .

You may seek an Individual Funding Request to appeal against the decision/policy. Your treating doctor can assist you with this. He or she would have to state why your situation is ‘exceptional’. You may then complain about the decision if the decision is not made in your favour – please see our contact details below.


Question 6: My clinic appointment was cancelled without informing me. What should I do?

Answer: Please contact the service directly on the contact details for the Trust below. The PALS team for each Trust will look in to the matter and help you. If this is unsuccessful, please get in touch with us.


Complaints about GPs, dentists, pharmacists or opticians

The CCGs do not commission primary care. If you have a comment, complaint or compliment about a doctor (GP), dentist, pharmacy or optician, please contact the practice directly in the first instance.

If you are unable to resolve your complaint with the practice, please contact:


NHS England

PO Box 16728


B97 9PT


0300 311 22 33


Complaints about hospital care, community care or mental health services:


London North West Healthcare NHS Trust:

LNWHT is a Trust which includes Northwick Park and St Mark’s Hospitals, Central Middlesex Hospital, and Ealing Hospital.

If you have a concern, complaint or compliment about London North West Healthcare NHS Trust which includes Northwick Park and Ealing Hospitals, please contact:


Patient advice and liaison service (PALS)

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is a confidential service for people who would like information or help or who would like to comment about any aspect of the services provided by the Trust’s hospitals.

PALS can help you to sort out any issues or problems you may have by speaking on your behalf to anyone involved in your care, or the care of your relative or friend.

PALS will not speak to anyone about your concerns unless they have your permission to do so.

PALS will:

 • Act as a listener to help resolve issues that are concerning you

• Provide advice and information to help you access other NHS and Local services

• Provide advice on how to make a formal complaint.


Who can use PALS?

Anyone involved in our hospitals in any way:

 • Patients

• Carers

• Relatives / visitors

• NHS Staff

• Community organisations.


Contact PALS

 • At Northwick Park and St Mark’s Hospitals, Central Middlesex Hospital on 020 8869 5118 between 9:30am and 4:30pm or email PALS at

•  At Ealing Hospital and community services on 020 8967 5653 between 9.30am and 4:30pm or email PALS at

If the team was unable to resolve your issues or if you feel your concerns are best dealt with as a formal complaint, then you can put them in writing. Please give as much information as possible about the incident or episode.


Your letter should be addressed to:

The Chief Executive

London North West Healthcare NHS Trust

Northwick Park Hospital

Watford Road





Their complaints website is:


The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust:

Patient advice and liaison service (PALS)


In person:

 Hillingdon Hospital: PALS

Grnd Flr, Pield Heath Rd, Uxbridge, UB8 3NN

 Mon to Fri: 9am - 5pm


Tel: 01895 279973 (office hrs). If there is no answer, please leave a message and the Trust will call you back.



 Fax: 01895 279831


Their complaints website is:


If you wish to make a formal complaint:

Please give as much relevant information as you can, including your name and address, and if possible your hospital number or date of birth.


Address: Complaints Management Unit, The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Pield Heath Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3NN

Telephone: 01895 279497/01895 279716


Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust:

CNWL provides Mental Health services. You can telephone the Patient Support Service on 0300 013 4799 or email

Alternatively, if you wish to make a formal complaint you can write to:

Chief Executive or the Patient Support Service at CNWL Trust Headquarters, 350 Euston Road, Regents Place, London NW1 3AX

Their complaints website page is:


Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust:

Imperial College provide a large number of services. Please visit their website to see how best they can assist you at:

If you need to raise a specific concern, please use this email address for their PALS or for making a formal complaint, please contact: or send a letter addressed to:


Complaints department

 4th floor

 Salton House

 St Mary’s Hospital

 Praed Street

 London W2 1NY


Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust:

PALS team.

Telephone: 0800 368 0412



Or write to the Trust:

Customer Service Team

 Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust

 64 Victoria Street